Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C-18 common rail diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,150hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 525
- Engine Location: Port
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: C-18 common rail diesel
- Drive Type: Jet
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 1,150hp
- Type: Inboard
- Engine Hours: 525
- Engine Location: Starboard
HUMBOLDT is the most highly optioned 55' Talaria MKII's ever built with more than $820,000 in upgrades installed on the boat. The yacht was built with long voyages in mind so comfort was extremely important. The Seakeeper 9 gyrostabilizer was installed to reduce the fatigue on long trips and at anchor, and the larger CAT ACERT C18's were installed for the added power.
Other options include:
- FLIR M-400 stabilized dual lens Thermal night vision camera
- KVH TV5 with Direct TV and 2 receivers with three 40' tv's onboard
- Sailor SC4000 Iridium satellite phone
- C-zone digital switching system for control of DC and AC loads Custom chart locker with built-in instrument pod to hold Garmin 8617 display on the passenger side
- Custom open arrangement lower salon with convertible dinette in lieu of standard twin berth
- Color matched AA grade cherry wood with gloss finish
- Customized cockpit layout
- Customized cockpit layout with Kenyon grille, ice maker, refrigerator, sink and large teak dining table
- Extended swim platform
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat deck and cabin top with molded-in contrasting non-skid in Moondust Awlgrip color
- Double Red Bootstripe
- Micron CSC - Black bottom
Hull: Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction- Kevlar®/E-glass outer skin.. Carbon fiber inner skin. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®).
E-glass outer and inner skin with closed cell foam core. - laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®).
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, and greater hull strength against impact damage and thermal insulation.
- Non-metallic composite thru-hull fittings with ball valve seacocks are below waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines.
- Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molding.
- Swim Platform: Oversized swim platform painted to match hull color with teak decking and stainless steel half round.
- Molded Light Cream gelcoat deck with contrasting Moondust non-skid color.
- Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile
- Eyebrow: Varnished teak molding around cabin top
- Anchor Locker: Molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatch
- Two large storage lockers on foredeck - aft of anchor locker
- Chocks: Two (2) Hinckley-styled open bow chocks, type 316L stainless steel. Four (4) Hinckley-styled closed chocks located at fore and aft spring cleats.
- Mooring Cleats: Eight (8) cleats type 316 stainless steel, sized as follows: Bow: 2 x 12”, Fore and aft springs: 4 x 10”, Stern:2 x 12”
- Bow Rail: Closed single rail 30” high , 1 ¼” diameter, type 316L stainless steel
- Handrails: Varnished teak handrails mounted on forward cabin top and pilothouse top
- Custom painted handrails on port and starboard side of pilothouse for ease of transiting side decks. Handrails are painted to match the deck color
- Hinckley mast (painted to match deck) holds anchor/steaming light
- KVH TrackVision M5 satellite dome on pilothouse top, painted to match deck color
- Portlights: 3 opening ports- one in guest head, one in master head, and one in galley. Opening ports have screens. 5 fixed ports- three in cabin, and two in Main cabin. Fixed ports have varnished Cherry rings around them. All ports have drop down-style curtains of Norbar Venita White Wash with Cherry valance.
- Five (5) polished stainless steel Manship hatches on cabin top. All have SkyScreen screens and blinds.
- Fender Storage: Provided for six (6) fenders, four (4) of which remain attached to boat and stored for easy deployment. Two (2) remaining fenders store in holders under cockpit hatch.
- Additional wichard folding padeyes and chafe strips to provide additional positioning of fenders and docklines
- Starboard transom door gives access to the swim platform.
- Bow burgee: varnished teak staff on bow rail.
- Ensign: Stern mounted 5’ varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Overboard direct drainage scuppers
MKII styled cockpit with deck “patio” and integrated, molded L-settee. Port and starboard amenities in forward port side of cockpit. Access to side deck provided by coaming gate on starboard and port side.
- Large molded L-settee with Ralph Lauren Patio Stripe Blue, no piping cushioned bottom and back cushions.
- Forward starboard side of cockpit with ice maker in port amenity, model Vitrifrigo SS IM HYDRO-XT-F1 w/sink in top of amenity. Vitrifrigo SS refrigerator in starboard amenity with Kenyon grille in top.
- Cockpit coaming doors both port and starboard.
- Cockpit Table - teak gloss varnish finish in keeping with exterior carpentry details. Table is on Fixed pedestal and table top slides for use at dining height. Pedestal mounted on lazarette hatch, quick remove type, polished stainless steel finish.
- Varnished teak cladding on inside aft corners of pilothouse sides
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings with varnished teak coaming caps
- Teak Sole in cockpit
- Fresh water washdown spigot in anchor locker (1) and in cockpit (1) stbd side aft.
- Glendinning powered shore cord reels mounted at transom w/wireless remotes
- Courtesy Lighting: Lights under cockpit side-deck, and on the stairs between the cockpit and pilothouse
- Fender storage on underside of cockpit hatch. • Low wattage lighting on dimmer under starboard side deck
- Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse with snaps.
- Salon Entry Doors: Polished stainless steel framed doors with four (4) full height curved tinted tempered glass panels.
- L-shaped built-in settee to starboard with upholstered bottom and back cushions. Fabric Astrup Rainier Riviera with piping. Chart storage is provided in large locker outboard of settee.
- Pilothouse port side arrangement is open with two upholstered chairs with small storage locker between chairs
- Salon Table: Varnished cherry table to starboard. Permanent smaller table with larger table top to fit over smaller table for dining. The pedestal is polished SS Crown high low to allow table to drop down for coffee table height as well as dropping to settee height for filler for berth conversion. Filler cushion included and set of fitted sheets for settee with filler cushion in place
- Provide padded storage bag for second table top and storage for table top outboard of port pilothouse seats under hinged settee back top.
- Salon Windows: MKII Pilothouse windows are “frameless” Stainless Steel. Side windows are electric sliding with controls at helm for port and starboard windows plus lock out. Control switch also for port window on port side.
- Side and Aft windows have tint
- Salon Window Covers: Skysol electric pleated blind system for side windows in Poseidone – Soft Linen
- Roman shade style curtains on aft entry doors. Curtains are electrically actuated with remote control
- Pilothouse front windows have outside snap-on textaline fabric shade covers.
- Pilothouse overhead hatches: Four (4) powered hatches on pilothouse roof each with SkyScreen blind/screens. Hatch undersides are trimmed in varnished Cherry
- LED Strip lighting on Window valance port and starboard along with Settee bunk rail
Additional Pilothouse Details:
- Gloss varnished cherry.
- Varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole
- Sound oppression overhead material with oversized varnished Cherry battens.
- Overhead LED lamps on dimmers provide lighting.
- Reading lamps port and starboard aft provide additional lighting
- Dimmable, low wattage LED lighting under L-settee
- Overhead varnished teak handrail running fore and aft
FORWARD PILOTHOUSE AREA:
Helm Station (Starboard):
- Two single Stidd Slimline (500N) seats- with Ultra-leather – Ermine 291-3700 with Ultra-leather Admiral 291-2556 piping. Seats are electrical up-down, forward and aft. Both seats have Stidd X-2 SS footrests. Binocular storage in helm area.
- 14” stainless steel wheel with varnished rim
- Hinckley JetStick® steering control system.
- Custom built-in seat box of cherry with raised panel, port side forward in the salon:
- Seat box area has two tiers; one lower section forward for egress & leg room, one raised section aft for Stidd seat.
- Tread of the bottom step up to the seat box area hinges up to access storage beneath. Inboard face of seat box has cabinet doors for storage.
Garmin Electronics Package:
- Two 8617 17” Garmin MFD’s to starboard
- Garmin GHP Reactor Autopilot with rudder indicator
- Garmin GHC20 remote keypad
- Garmin Radar 48” / 4 kw HD open array antenna
- Garmin GMI20 Instrument display for depth and speed
- DT800 depth transducer
- Engine displays integrated into MFD
- VHF: Garmin VHF 300 black box Radio with remote handset at helm and hailer horn.
- One Garmin card reader
- One Garmin Grid remote control
- Sirius/XM weather integrated to Garmin mfd’s
- Garmin GSD24 Sonar Module interfaced to Garmin system.
- Garmin AIS 600 Blackbox collision avoidance system to display on all chartplotters.
- Second Garmin GHS10 VHF handset for port side passenger seat usage. installed on vertical face outboard of port passenger seat.
- Garmin GMR Fantom 4 Dopler Effect 4’ open array radar in lieu of std digital radar.
- Satellite phone system to be Sailor SC4000 Iridium phone. System to have 4 handsets; one at helm outboard on vertical face, one outboard of port side passenger seat on vertical face, one in lower salon location and one in the owner’s cabin location.
- C-zone digital switching system for control of DC and AC loads. Main control panel display locations to be on starboard vertical bulkhead at stairway to galley. A second smaller control panel is included for master stateroom. System is interfaced to Garmin MFD displays for full control from those displays.
Flir Camera and Reverse Image Cameras:
- Garmin GC10 reverse image marine camera at aft end of pilothouse rooftop for use as a backup camera and monitoring the swim platform (camera to be mounted on centerline of the rooftop aft of the Sat TV dome). Camera to be interfaced for viewing on the yacht’s Garmin navigation displays and be painted to match the rooftop.
- FLIR M-400 Stabilized dual lens Thermal Night Vision/color low light Camera with LED stabilized spotlight on mast.
- Camera to be controlled by joystick at helm and also at port side passenger seat. Camera to mount on custom stainless steel bracket and attached to mast in location that allows for proper field of vision over radar array and pilothouse rooftop on the yacht’s Garmin navigation displays and be painted to match the rooftop.
- Garmin GC10 engine room camera. Camera feed to display on multifunction navigation displays.
Entertainment system- Four zone system with audio feeds to cockpit and Master stateroom from Salon. System to be Savant based entertainment and control system. System to be WIFI based interface for AV throughout the boat.
- KVH TV5 satellite TV with Direct TV. 2 receivers
- TV monitor in pilothouse- to be 40” Samsung Smart TV on lift located outboard of starboard settee.
- TV monitor in open lower salon to be 40” Samsung Smart TV. TV to be recessed into aft bulkhead. Framework to hinge down to allow access to wiring below helm instrument pod.
- TV monitor in master cabin to be above settee on forward bulkhead to be 40” Samsung Smart TV recessed into bulkhead in lieu of standard 28” TV
Custom open lower salon, Single cabin layout. Galley to port, dinette to starboard, mater cabin is forward.
- Table has gas assist polished SS Crown high-low pedestal.
- Locker arrangement forward of the settee that houses the Splendide washer/dryer.
- Includes filler cushion and one set of fitted sheets when table is dropped down for sleeping.
- Gloss varnished Cherry throughout.
- Teak and Tulipwood sole with Custom rugs
Stepping down from the pilothouse, the galley is to port.
- Sharp microwave/convection located in the center of the outboard locker face.
- Gaggneau 2-burner stovetop
- Corian Nightsky countertop with undermounted single sink with brushed stainless steel finish and Grohe single lever faucet
- Sliding trash storage located below the galley sink
- SubZero refrigeration clad in varnished cherry
- Multiple 110 VAC outlets for galley appliances
- Custom storage drawer at base of companionway steps
- Dimmable low wattage lighting under toe kicks
- Task and overhead lighting
- Countertop: Gloss varnished Cherry
The Owner’s Cabin has a dresser across the forward bulkhead. TV monitor above. Owner’s berth is forward facing. Aft hanging lockers are enlarged. Head of master berth has upholstered headboard.
- Soundown sound absorbing panels on chine area of owner’s cabin to reduce noise.
- Spendide 2100 XC combination vented washer dryer in locker in passageway to owner’s cabin Enlarge gray water tank to 30-35 gallons. Dryer to vent out side of cabin above dryer.
- TV monitor in master cabin to be above settee on fwd bulkhead to be 40” Samsung Smart
- TV recessed into bulkhead in lieu of standard 28” TV
- Owner’s Cabin Berth Mattress- The comfortable HMC System Five 9 ½” innerspring mattress
- Owner’s Cabin Berth Bedding- Ralph Lauren Winslow Herringbone Wicker White with Ultra-leather Admiral piping
- Owner’s Cabin Pillow Shams- Ralph Lauren Winslow Herringbone Wicker White with Ultra-leather Admiral piping
- Owner’s Cabin Headboard- Ralph Lauren Winslow Herringbone Wicker
Owner's Cabin Head:
Custom master head arrangement with two sinks and shower inboard. Rain type shower head plus the standard handheld shower head on bar. Installed lighted shaving mirror.
- Aurora Corian countertop undermounted stainless steel sink.
- Head counter tops to have laminated varnished cherry fiddle rails
- Master head sole to be standard varnished teak and tulipwood.
- Portlight to be opening w/ removable screen for master head and shower
- Shelves in the outboard storage lockers in Master Cabin & Master Head.
- Lighted shaving/makeup adjustable mirror
- Full length mirror mounted on the head door.
Common wire bonding with a minimum branch wire size of #8 AWG per ABYC.
24-VOLT DC Ship’s Service:
- Start Batteries: Four (4) BCI 4D AGM batteries for main engines and generator.
- House: Four (4) BCI 8D AGM batteries for the main house bank.
- Heavy-duty battery switches for both port and starboard engines, with the ability to parallel the Starting Batteries.
- Mastervolt 12/24Volt start battery isolator
- Two (2) Balmar® alternators - 80-amp 24-Volt DC.
- Two (2) 24-Volt-DC battery chargers. One (1) 100-amp for House bank and one (1) 60-amp for starting bank.
- 24-Volt lighting
240/120 VOLT-60 Hz AC from Shore Power:
- Two (2) Power inlet rated at 50-amps each, 240/120-Volt AC.
120-VOLT AC from Inverter:
- MasterVolt 24-volt-DC to 110-volt-AC inverter
GENERATOR: Cummins/ONAN 17 Kw generator rated for 240-Volts AC, is mounted in a sound shield and is outfitted with DC voltmeter, water temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, hour meter, control switch, shutdown bypass switch and pre-heat.
Each engine features on demand, fully paralleled PTO redundancy to provide hydraulic power for steering, bow thruster, and windlass.
- Twin Caterpillar C18 ACERT 1150 common rail diesel engines with ZF transmissions in lieu of standard engines.
- Hydraulic PTO redundancy. Feature achieved through the following means: Installed additional PTO units and parallel system to provide redundant hydraulic service for jet buckets, bow thruster, windlass and steering (steering uses smaller independent PTO unit). System to provide full hydraulic control in the event of the loss of either engine. The PTO units are on-demand and are fully paralleled.
- ZF transmissions IRM325 with 1.225:1 reduction gear ratio
- CAT Twin single-lever engine control head with engine sync
- Two LCD Cat engine displays
- Cat emergency stop panels
- Two (2) 600-gallon fuel tanks
- Racor Diesel Fuel Polishing system, model FPS150S24, 24V with magnetic fuel conditioner and digital timer with audible alarm & service filter light. Fuel plumbing to have an electrically actuated manifold for selecting between port or starboard fuel tanks via a Carling rocker switch at the helm. Capacity rating on this system is 150GPH.
- Digital timer to be remote mounted in the helm area. Specific mounting location at the helm per approved helm arrangement (see project manager to confirm mounting locations prior to installation).
- Baffled and insulated engine air intakes
- Underwater exhaust system - with low speed by-pass.
- Algae-X fuel purification system for both engines and generator
- Full boat water filtration including filters at each sink
- Multizone chiller system for heat and air condition
- Hinckley JetStick® integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, steering, and the bow thruster into a single joystick control.
- Hinckley PalmStick wireless remote for JetStick®
- Bow thruster - Sidepower hydraulic 25-hp bow thruster
- Seakeeper gyro-stabilizer-Seakeeper
- Lenco Autoglide Trim Tab system - automatic trim tab control system in the world
- Integrates data, including engine speed, helm position and GPS to calculate in the optimum running angle
Ground Tackle System:
- Hydraulic windlass - mounted in anchor well
- Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller for primary anchor
- 55-lb Delta primary anchor with 50’ x 3/8” Grade 40 galvanized chain + 200’ x ¾” three-strand nylon rode.
- 40-lb Fortress FX55 Secondary anchor with chain and rope rode.
- Fresh and salt water wash down faucets in anchor locker
Safety and Deck Equipment:
- Life Raft: 6-man Winslow 60 SL/O.
- Horn - Kahlenberg 24-Volt DC dual-trumpet air horn with switch at helm
- Searchlight - 24 Volt-DC with remote at helm
- (10) Lifejackets - (8) adult and (2) children
- (4) Dock lines
- (6) Fenders with fleece covers and Wichard snap hooks
- Navigation lights
- Coast Guard safety equipment
- (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-lb. Type B-1 fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C fires.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.