Saint Michaels, also known as St. Michaels, is a town in Talbot County, Maryland, USA. The population was 1,029 at the 2010 census. Saint Michaels derives its name from the Episcopal Parish established here in 1677. The church attracted settlers who engaged in tobacco growing and ship building.
The town was laid out as a speculative development in the 1770s by James Braddock. Unlike the more typical 18th century grid-pattern town planning, Braddock laid St. Michaels out around a central square. The town was incorporated in 1804.